Critical Illness Cover Quotes
The type of critical life insurance you want to get, and the fact that your medical history, occupation and lifestyle will impact the cost of the monthly premiums means that gathering insurance quotes for critical illness can quickly get complicated.
In this article, we look at the various ways to get critical illness quotes and what things can impact the price you’re quoted.
Use the links to jump to the information you want:
- How to get critical illness insurance quotes
- Online critical illness insurance quotes
- Instant quotes for critical illness insurance
- What impacts the cost of a critical illness policy?
- Speak to an expert about critical illness quotes
If you want to save time, hassle and headaches, talk to one of the insurance experts we work with.
All the insurance brokers we work with are independent financial advisors with access to all the insurance providers in the UK. They have the tools and the knowledge to find you the best policies and can gather quotes to make sure you are getting the right critical illness cover for the best possible price.
Call 0808 189 0463 or make an enquiry and we’ll connect you with an advisor who will be happy to answer all your questions, get and compare quotes for critical illness insurance and even help complete your application.
The service we offer is free and there’s absolutely no obligation.
How to get critical illness insurance quotes
When you start to get quotes for critical illness cover, you need to make sure you have certain details ready to answer the questions which will be asked.
In order to determine whether you’re eligible for cover, insurers will ask you about your current health and medical history.
It’s important that you provide honest answers to all the health questions asked. If you take out a policy based on false information, the insurer could cancel the policy, refuse a claim or amend the cover you get.
Along with your current health and medical history, you’ll also need to consider:
- Which illnesses are covered by the policy – insurers may class illnesses differently, which will affect the price you get quoted.
- Length of cover – how long do you want your policy to cover you for?
- The level of cover – what amount would you want to get in the event of a claim?
Once you have all the information to hand, you’re ready to get started.
You can get critical illness insurance quotations from the high street, direct from an insurer, online or from independent financial advisors.
We always recommend seeking independent advice since not all critical illness policies offer the same benefits. An independent expert, like the ones we work with, have access to all the insurance providers across the UK. They can gather and compare from every provider and check the small print to ensure you’re getting the cover you need.
Make an enquiry and we’ll match you with one of the experts we work with. They’ll be happy to answer all your questions and help ensure you get the right critical illness cover for a price you’re happy with.
Pros and cons of online critical illness insurance quotes
As discussed in the previous section, there are many ways to obtain critical illness insurance quotes, though the advantages of gathering quotes online are:
- You can see in a glance what cover you could get and how much it might cost you.
- You can compare quotes from a handful of insurers at the same time.
- You can save time by doing all the work on one comparison website.
However, with these potential advantages there are also a few important drawbacks to consider:
- You have to enter sensitive information into a web form, which may be insecure.
- You’re likely to be limited to a certain number of insurance providers.
- There’s no guarantee that the price you’re quoted will insure you for all the conditions or illnesses you intended. Not all critical illnesses will be covered under the policy, so compare the key facts document of the critical illness providers before you buy.
- Before committing to any quote, you will have to spend time studying the small print to ensure you’re getting the cover you want.
- Although getting quotes with a few clicks of a button might seem like a good idea, critical illness cover can vary greatly between providers so although it might be tempting to pick the cheapest policy, you might be making a bad decision which, down the line, could cost you more than you imagined.
Instant quotes for critical illness insurance
As with online insurance quotes for critical illness, it’s also possible to get instant quotes.
On first glance you only have to put in the number of years you want cover and the amount of cover you want. With one click, you can see a price you may expect to pay, but the price will be based on assumptions rather than fact.
For accurate price quotes for critical illness insurance you will need to provide complete details of all aspects of your lifestyle, health and family medical history. Instant online quotes won’t be able to take into account every aspect of your individual circumstances to provide you with a true representation of what it may end up costing you.
What impacts the cost of critical illness cover?
There are a few factors that will influence the price you are quoted for your critical illness cover, including:
- Your age.
- The amount of cover you need.
- Whether you are a smoker or have smoked in the past.
- Your health (your current health, weight and family’s medical history).
- What you do for a living (some jobs carry higher risk and might increase the amount you will need to pay for cover).
- Your lifestyle (hazardous pursuits such as skydiving or full-contact sports & martial arts may affect the terms offered).
No matter how you get your quotes for critical illness cover, it’s essential that you have all the above information ready.
Failure to mention any of these at the time of getting a quote may lead to misinformation or, worse, a later application being refused or cancelled.
Speak to an expert about critical illness quotes
If you’d like to take the hassle out of gathering quotes and arranging critical illness cover for yourself or a family member, get in touch and let one of the experts we work with help save you time, money and hassle.
All the insurance advisors we work with are independent financial advisors with access to all the insurance providers across the UK. They have the tools and the knowledge to ensure you get the right level of critical illness cover for the best possible price.
Call 0808 189 0463 or make an enquiry for a free, no-obligation chat.